Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rain Rain, Go Away...

Well hello everyone! I hear it's nice in Texas? That's great to hear...because I'm FREEZING my tush off here. It's in the 50's and rainy. It's okay though because I have more scarves and tights than I know what to do with. And I was excited to have an excuse to finally use my hot pink umbrella. :)

 

So guess what! I've officially been a missionary for a MONTH. Last Saturday was my one month mark from the day I entered the MTC. (We call it our CLICK day) So every month on the 29th I get a click day. It's all very exciting. :)

 

So much has gone on this week...first of all...let me say that I am SUPER EXCITED because we are having a baptism this Saturday on the 6th! Kyley is soooo excited. I'm not sure what I talked about in my past updates, but she has a mom and grandma who are both members but have been inactive her whole life so she never got baptized. She is so eager and willing to learn. It's been so exciting teaching her because she just soaks up everything we say! She is so great!

 

Weeeelll...I went on my first exchange this weekend. It was not nearly as frightening as I have assumed it to be. It was great! I learned sooo much about different techniques to studying and teaching. It's nice to have a new companion for the day because you learn so much from them. We actually taught one of her investigators the plan of salvation and committed her to baptism! So exciting!

 

Also...we teach this girl names Jessica a couple times a week, she's 20, and a recent convert. She is seriously the SWEETEST girl in the world.. And SO talented! She drew me a picture of the Salt Lake Temple! I was so touched I almost cried. I love her soooo much. I'll attach the picture.

 

I love the people here in Alaska. I don't know if I've ever had so much love for any group of people in my life. I'll meet someone for the first time and I instantly have so much love for them. I have such a yearning and need to share the gospel with everyone I meet. It's because I love them all so much and I can see each persons divine potential. It's amazing...Heavenly Father allows me to see people the way he sees them. I hope I can continue to have this love for people my entire life.

 

I love this gospel! It is all that I am. I love my Savior...I know that he loves each one of us so much and is in every detail of our lives. We can't always see the end from the beginning. We don't know all that the Lord is working out...But He does. I know that as we trust in him he will lead us and guide us on the eternal path back to Him. He will never lead us astray.

 

I love you all! Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

 

Sister Hallmark
 
 
The amazing picture Jessica drew me!

Eating HUGE onion rings at local burger joint called Webees.

                              Found a spider on my coat this morning! EW! You can't tell...but it's huge!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment