Monday, July 8, 2013

July Winter

Hello everyone. I'm freezing.
 
You know you're from Texas when...
1. You're huddling around a cup of hot cocoa when everyone else is sipping ice cold root beer
2. You're wrapped in a blanket during comp study while your comp is chillin in shorts
3. When members talk about going swimming later and you laugh at the joke...then realize it's not a joke.
4. Last but not least...when EVERYONE EVERYWHERE asks if I'm from the lower 48 because I just look...cold.
 
My anxiety heightens every time someone says "...just wait for the winter!" A Texan in Alaska has never heard such terrifying words. But of all the uncertainty my chilling future holds, I do know ONE thing.
 
I will be poofy.
 
Layers upon layers upon layers of poooof. I will do everything I can to protect myself. This is something I've accepted and embraced. Just wait for the pictures. ;)
 
So aside from the fact that I'm on the verge of hypothermia...KYLIE GOT BAPTIZED! She bawled. I bawled. We all bawled for Kylie. Her testimony was so sweet. I don't think I could ever love anyone more! I was like a proud little mommy! I can just see the light in her eyes. She glows. Seeing her get baptized was SUCH a sweet experience. Nothing else can ever compare.
And riiiiight after her baptism guess what we did?! Well...we went to her house and had pizza and root beer floats...but guess what we did AFTER that?! We took Kylie tracting. YUP. We hit the pavement with our favorite new member. She was so cool about it. The first door we knocked actually TALKED to us and we shared a message with him! So awesome. Kylie maaaaay or may not want to serve a mission. We are doing our best to put a bug in her ear. She would be such an incredible missionary!
 
Well this week has just been one blessing after another. Kylie got baptized, our AMAZING zone leaders gave us their personal GPS to use, and we met come incredible potential investigators. So many sweet tender mercies. Being here is such a blessing. I can't tell you all how grateful I am for the support I receive. Thank you all for your love and prayers.
 
I know the lord blesses us if we obey with a willing heart. I have experienced it here in my own life. When we obey we qualify for the constant companionship of the holy ghost and we will be eternally happy!
 
Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Hallmark
                                                    Sister Grayson, Kylie, and I :)


Sister G and I with Kylie and her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment