Monday, July 29, 2013

You better not shout, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why...

ELDER BEDNAR'S COMING TO TOOOOWWWWNNN!!!!!!! I am freaking out. Like...my excitement has reached a level I've never experienced. Elder Bednar, an Apostle of the Lord, is coming to ANCHORAGE to talk to the missionaries!!!! I will be in a chapel...with Elder Bednar....AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?! My companions and I were asked to sing at the meeting!!!!! I'm going to sing in front of Elder Bednar!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I've been holding this in all week. I so glad I can let it out to everyone at home!
 
So aside from that amazing news...we got our new sister! Sister Livingston! She's so cute! We just love her...It's so funny to be with her and relive the excitement I had from the first transfer. We'll get out of an appointment and she's like "I LOVE THIS PERSON SO MUCH OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED TO BE A MISSIONARY THIS IS SO AMAZING WOOHOOO! DID I SAY I LOVED THEM?! YAY! BAPTIZE EVERYONE!" It's seriously hilarious because I was JUST like that....I'm sure her initial excitement will die down like mine did. I still have such a passion and love for the work but I'm not as....vocal. Hahaha She's so fun.
 
Well....we met with several people this week! Lots of new investigators! None have come too far yet, but I'm eager to write home in the next few weeks about their progress. There's one girl named Anne who is a referral from someone in the ward. We met with her, taught her the restoration, and committed her to be baptized. She was very hesitant and said no, but promised to read the BOM and pray. I think she WANTS to know it's true...she's just scared. We are so hopeful that she will read and pray. We haven't been in contact with her for almost a week, she said her work schedule is crazy. We'll see what happens...she is so great. She would be so strong in the church, I can just see it. We've been praying hard.
 
Well something fun we were able to do this week is go to the botanical garden here in anchorage. So cool! There are so many beautiful flowers here.. Also, you know you're in Alaska when the nature advisor tells you to watch for bears while walking through the garden...hahahaha I really do need some bear spray! Someone send me bear spray! People say they see bears all the time in our area...I am so nervous! Well we got some fun pics there. We went to have a lesson with a recent convert, Teniel. She is moving out to the bush (an area faaaar out in Alaska) to teach kindergarten. It was our last goodbye lesson! I have really grown to love the people in my area...I will be sad when I have to leave!
 
Well that's all for this week. We're going on a hike today with our zone. We're hiking up a mountain called "flat top"...I'm way excited! Pictures to come!
 
Love you all! I know the church is true...I know it with everything in the. I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it's power is incredible! Have a good week!
 
Sister Hallmark
 
 
 This is how we do our studies... we're like the grandparents in Willy Woka! Hahaha after this picture Sister Grayson said "I like grapes." Hahaha
 
 Sister Grayson, Sister Livingston, me, Teniel, and Brittany (a ward mission leader)
 
 
Another day, another moose. This is a moose and it's baby outside the church parking lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment