Monday, September 15, 2014

"Toilet paper and changing leaves"

HI EVERYONE. Things are grrrrrreat! The church is still true and I'm still happy. You can't NOT be when you're working for the Savior. It's kind of the coolest/highest/most incredible job anyone could have. SO YEAH...things are good.

Remember how I promised incredible pictures from my excursion last pday? I KEPT THAT PROMISE! I only sent a few because obviously I don't want you guys to be distracted for the rest of the day with the green monster of jealousy...but guys, it was awesome. The leaves are orange and yellow and red and the mountains and hills are surrounding you everywhere. I WISH EVERY SINGLE PERSON READING THIS COULD EXPERIENCE ALASKA IN REAL LIFE. I mean that. Am I blessed to live here? Absofreakinglutely. 

Guys I have a miracle to share. You're going to laugh...but it was from for real.
Yesterday morning we realized we used our LAST roll of toilet paper. We were distraught. (Okay, not really) but we were trying to figure out how to make due until pday. WELL....we dropped by this to see this lady later in the day and as we were leaving we asked if we could do anything for her. She said no, and she asked if she could do anything for us. She quickly said no and then she said "You sure? Are you guys good on toilet paper...?"  WHAT THE HECK. We both looked at each other and laughed. She immediately climbed up a little step stool and took down from her storage a whole package of toilet paper and handed it to us. How did she know?! DIVINE INTERVENTION! Complete miracle, the Lord is TOTES in the details. Love it :)

So remember Grace? The sisters met with her this week and she's SOLID. (We were on an exchange, so I wasn't there) buuuut it sounds like things went great. We are teaching her again this week and I can't WAIT for cute sister Morrison to meet her. OH!!!!! I forgot to tell you! Sister Morrison is my new companion. I can't wait. She is SO cute and sweet and an incredible missionary. She's been out almost a year. It will be a blast. I know I'll learn so much from her.

Speaking of learning so much, I have been LOVING my studies lately. I can't believe how much I'm learning about the Savior. I've been reading "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage I'm obsessed with it. As I read that and my book or Mormon together I really haven seen so much of the character of Christ. As I learn about who he is, I just love him SO MUCH MORE. I can't even describe it. I love everything about my Savior and I want nothing more than to be exactly like him. obviously perfection will never happen in this life, I know I'll never get close. BUT there's a scripture that brings so much happiness to my heart. It's in D&C 50, it was actually President Hinkleys favorite scripture. It's verse 24 and it says " That which is of God is light; and he that recieveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light, and that light growth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." You know why I love this?? Because we can continue to grow in light until the prefect day! As we strive for perfection to become like Christ, we will eventually reach that goal on the perfect day. :)

I LOVE MY SAVIOR! I love this gospel. I love being a missionary.
We're going to go pick up the new missionaries today. I can't wait. :)
Love you all!

Love, Sister Hallmark :)


I too so many pics...I COULDNT GET OVER HOW PRETTY IT WAS!



Obsessed.


Fall is here!!
 
Hahahaha the APs....

I'll bet you can't guess which one of us is the dancer...


You know you're in Alaska when....

I love my district!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to miss it!





No comments:

Post a Comment