Tuesday, September 9, 2014

OH!




Oh my gosh guys. Everything right now is my mind is so scrambled. It's like scrambled eggs. All of my thoughts are everywhere. I just got the news that my sister/best friend/other half got her VISA TO GO TO BRAZIL! And she leaves tomorrow!!!!!(Tuesday) A year of waiting and it's finally here. I don't know what words I'm looking for to describe my feelings...they just aren't coming to me! This is too much happiness. I can't handle it! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!



I don't even remember what happened this week...I have to focus. Okay, I think I remember. We went on a few exchanges, it was busaaaay. We worked with a couple sisters in this area and then also I got to travel to Palmer to work with a sister there. Palmer is SO pretty, it's about 45 minutes out of town. All of the leaves are starting to change colors and fall and it looks so cool. This sisters are doing great, it's seriously been such a blessing to be able to travel around and work closely with all of the sisters. I LOVE it. And I have a secret.... We're not supposed to get transfer calls for another few days but last night we were at a meeting at the mission home and president told me I was STAYING!!!!! I get to stay and for some reason he's keeping me as an sister training leader. I'm sure there are better sisters to fill that role but I AM SO BLESSED. I don't know who my companion will be, he didn't tell me that. But he told me I would be happy. :) It will be super sad to see sister Hewitt head home, but she's served 18 faithful months and it's her time! I've pretty much had her close to me my entire mission, but won't be long until I see her again!



We got a new investigator this week! Her name is grace and she is seriously incredible. She was a referral from the elders. Her husband is a member, just less active in the church. She has been pushing and pushing to get him to church and was practically begging to meet with the missionaries. She asked 6 months ago if he could help her get lessons with the missionaries and it's just now happening! What a miracle for us, we've been praying for people to teach! We asked her if she had a book of Mormon and if she's read it and she said "Yeah, but I've only read the first 20 pages" We about died. THE FIRST 20 PAGES?!?!?! ON YOUR OWN?! YOU'RE INCREDIBLE! Guys, I am seriously through the roof excited. Miracles are happening! We've got an appointment to meet with her again next week. She was so excited. She told us that like 5 times. She kept repeating "This Tuesday at 3:45?! I'm excited!" Hahaha I love it!



This morning we got a phone call from the APs, they asked if we wanted to go on a hike to the Matanuska glaciers with them and president and sister Robinson today. UHHH YEAH?! So I am totally stoked for that. Today will be a good day! And next monday I'll have a ton of pics for you all! :)



Guys my testimony and love for the savior continues to grow. I have SUCH a love for the book of Mormon. I read it everyday. I'm reading it through for the 4th time now on my mission. I can't believe how much I learn from that book! I truly feel that I am learning to become more like my savior as I read and apply it's teachings. When I'm having a hard time I'll have a thought like "Well, when Nephi broke his bow he didn't complain" or I'll think "The sons of Mosiah didn't have immediate success with the lamanites, but eventually they converted thousands!" It's seriously incredible how personally we can apply the stories and teachings. I want to challenge each of you to read the book of Mormon EVERY DAY. If you haven't been, start now. Start at the beginning and read it. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! It can't NOT change your life.

I know the church is true!!!!! I love you all so so so so much. Thank you for your love and your prayers. I'm going to work and work and work until the very last second of my mission. I will see you all in a few short months!



Love, Sister Briana Hallmark :)

We painted a barn!

The mountains were incredible!



I love the sky here. Our drive back from Palmer.

I love the sky here. Our drive back from Palmer.




Our best friend AMY!!!!!!!!!


Our best friend AMY!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment