Monday, October 20, 2014

Back to Freezebanks!"



This week was the BEST! It went by so quick though. We flew up north to visit the sisters in North Pole, and then the 2 sets in Fairbanks. It was like 17 degrees and icy in the North Pole, but It was a serious BLAST! I love the sisters so much, we had so much fun and I learned so much from them. It's really been incredible getting to know so many PREPARED sister missionaries coming out into the mission. I have been so blessed.



Of course it was a AWESOME bonus to see all the people in my past areas. There were a lot of feverish high pitched squeals accompanied with the typical run and jump when you see someone you've missed. I was in heaven. I love Fairbanks so so so so much. After the trip, though it was so nice to come back to my own familiarity in Anchorage. I love the Ocean View ward SO much, I couldn't have been happier to come back here. :) I missed it for the week I was gone!



It's insane the amount of love you gain for each place you serve. I can't describe it or even comprehend it. I want to share an INCREDIBLE experience I had this week. When we were in the Fairbanks YSA on Sunday, a nonmember that I used to teach came with us. I was PRAYING that something would be said that would touch her. As we sat there, the stake president happened to pop in. I was surprised to see him, but excited because I love president Duval! During sacrament, he stood up and bore the most beautiful testimony. He testified of the importance of allowing the atonement of Jesus Christ heal you. He said there is NOTHING you could have ever done that would ever keep the Lord from loving you. It was powerful. It was exactly what she needed to hear. I was completely beside myself. After sacrament, I went up to shake his hand and thank him for the incredible testimony and the impact he hopefully made on this girl we brought. With tears in his eyes, he explained to me that he wasn't supposed to come to YSA that Sunday, but 15 minutes before, felt a prompting that he needed to. I was shocked. THE SPIRIT IS REAL. I was so grateful in that moment that He was faithful to that prompting he received. I hope that the Lord can trust me with those promptings. I know I can be so much better at listening to the still small voice and following the direction he gives. What a powerful experience for me!



I love this gospel more than I ever thought I could. The atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL. I know it. I've felt it. I love you all so much!!!!! Have a wonderful week!



Love, Sister Hallmark


Letters in the snow :) I LOVE LETTERS, EVERYONE!

North Pole, Alaska!

Plane ride back to Anchorage....Sis Morrison was REAL tired.

Sunset on the plane ride home :)

Sisters in Fairbanks! Love them!

My cute little Sister Kaiser! So excited to see her again! :)

My besties Dani and Gabi. Looooooooove!

No comments:

Post a Comment