Monday, August 11, 2014

"I blinked and it's gone"




Seriously guys this week has gone by SO QUICKLY. It could be because I'm so incredibly overjoyed at the fact that I'm with my best friend again. :) Or because we are seeing incredible miracles in this area....I don't know. But I don't want it to end! We have found so many people this week! One specifically was a really cool experience...

So after dinner Saturday night sister Hewitt and I felt prompted that we needed to go to a specific street. We weren't sure if it was a real prompting or if it was just our minds playing tricks on us, but we went. The first door we knocked on was an old man with dreads on his head and on his beard. He didn't look completely coherent. Maybe we woke him from a nap? I have other suspicions. He told us he wasn't interested as he stroked his beard dreads. I figured as much. The next door we knocked was a cute girl around 10 and her mom was behind her and they invited us in. As we talked with her, she told us about how she is familiar with the missionaries and has a book of Mormon. She used to meet with the missionaries a long time ago and she stopped because they got transferred out. WE WERE DYING. We read in 3 Nephi with her about how Jesus comes to the Americas and visits the people and the spirit was completely there. We scheduled a time to meet with her next week and we are so excited. I have been PRAYING for this to happen. I am so grateful for the spirit. This work would be impossible without it.

I just finished reading in Ether, and every time I read about the bother of Jared I am in awe at how humble he is to do exactly what the Lord asks him. Never a doubt or question. He just trusts. I don't think I will ever comprehend the amount of faith necessary to actually see the finger of God. But I can say I have REALLY seen direct answers to prayers and promptings and my faith in God is stronger than I ever knew it could be. I KNOW he is there. He is a literal father talking to his literal daughter and he hears every thought of my heart. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I am so grateful to be a missionary! Teaching people about the Savior is the most incredible thing any human could ever do. I am engaged in HIS work. This work is REAL!
I love the gospel! I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Hallmark


Best friends, back again :)







No comments:

Post a Comment