Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hi everyone!



 
Well this week was fun. It involved walking down lots of dark alleyways and talking to strangers on the street. Yep...we tracted. And we tracted. And we tracted some more. We probably tracted more this week than all of the tracting I've done in my mission combined. I have really come to love it! And I feel blessed that it's so beautiful here and I am not completely drenched in sweat at the end of knocking a street. But would you believe it's been in the high 60's/low 70s and I still feel like I'm roasting?! I'm really acclimating to the Alaskan weather. It's like I don't even remember I'm a Texan anymore! What's happening?!

Well we have seen a few miracles this week. We met a cute little aisan lady named "Alma" working at walmart and we were like okay we have to talk to her. We asked her if she had heard of the Book of Mormon and she said no and we were like "well you're named after someone in there!" And we showed her and she thought that was pretty cool. Haha she took a Book of Mormon and said she'd read it. :)

I also went on an exchange this week with one of the CUTEST new sisters named Sister Watts. I just love her. We laughed the entire day. We were able to get in with so many people, it was incredible. At the end of the night we went to visit a lady in our ward and help her get some things done in her house. And we got to install her new shower head. I felt pretty accomplished! Haha She was SO excited because she couldn't do it herself with her health right now. It made us so happy to help. :) It's amazing what small acts of service can do for you.
Yesterday in church the sacrament speakers both talked on the importance of service and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Even though we aren't teaching as much as I would want or hope to, I can still be a missionary by serving others in small and simple ways. That's where the true joy is found. :)

Well I have sad news. I don't know how long it will be before I can send pictures...I left my SD card at the library last week and by the time I realized and came back, it was stolen :( I just don't have the greatest luck with pictures, I tell ya! I'll save up some allotment money and get one in a few weeks. Sorry, everyone! Not taking pictures is killing me!

Well I love you guys so much! I LOVED the package from my family this week! you guys are the BEST! 

Love, Sister Hallmark :)

No comments:

Post a Comment