Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hey hey hey



I haven't washed away...yet. But seriously guys the rain here is like insane. And the wind! Let me tell you! A few days ago we were leaving dinner and I looked out the window and screamed "Theres a hurricane outside!!!!" The husband laughed and said, "Well, not quite." And I almost said "WELL, YES QUITE!" And then they let us leave! We almost blew away out there! Good grief.
 
Speaking of near death experiences...Let me tell you a little story about a bear named Balloo...Sister Hewitt and I were doing service at this place called fortress of the bear. We were looking at the bears on the other side of this huge gate then suddenly we realized that there was a little combination lock that was open on balloos cage. I. Freaked. Out. Suddenly Balloo stood up on the gate and we heard a big creak and we BOOKED IT! Guys, I've never felt so close to death in my life. After waiting about 5 minutes in this little shed, Les (the boss man) came riding by on his little tractor. We frantically told him about the open lock and he laughed. Apparently that lock was for something else, it didn't matter that it was open. Balloo never got out. We just scared the pee out of ourselves. I had a terrifying dream the following night because of it. I DON'T MESS WITH BEARS.
 
 Well I have incredible news. Toby had committed to being baptized on October 12th. :) He is so excited. We cannot wait for him. We just love him so much! He's so prepared. We taught him the word of wisdom last week and he goes "yeah, I already do all of that. Sometimes I feel like I'm already a Mormon." Ahhhhhh. After every lesson he sends us a text that says something like "thank you for the incredible lesson, sisters. I means so much to me that you're teaching me the word of god." I squeal every time. And he gives the most incredible prayers. And he smiles every time he talks about him baptism. The other day we were setting up the details of his baptism and he asked him what time he wants and he goes "I don't even care. You could take me down to that lake across the street right now and I would get baptized." Everything he says just melts my heart. He KNOWS it's true. And he's in MOSIAH! He is flying through the Book of Mormon it's incredible. :)
 
 
 We picked up a new investigator. Her name is Cali! She is so amazing. She is a referral. She cried in our first lesson and just kept saying "I'm just soaking everything in." The spirit was SO strong. She is dating a member right now and she was like "Well I'm not doing this FOR him, but I'm doing this BECAUSE of him." She says he just has such a happiness and it's because of his religion. She says she wants what he has. She totally believes that families should be together forever. We talked about temple marriage and she started crying because she was married before and it was a really bad marriage and she just wants an eternal marriage so much. We are going to meet with her again tomorrow and commit her to be baptized on the 11th. :) She is so prepared to accept the gospel at this time in her life. 
 
Our other investigator Kristina is doing well, she wants to include her husband in the lessons now. Which is awesome! She totally agrees with everything we are teaching her. :)
 
I still love sister Hewitt to death. She is the funnest companion. We are always working together to improve our companionship and pushing each other to be better missionaries. I have learned so much from her. :)
 
I want to leave with my testimony of Jesus Christ. I've been focusing alot lately on the atonement of Jesus Christ, I really want to grasp it on a deeper level. I've been incorporating Jesus The Christ into my morning studies. I love that book SO much. It sheds so much light on his life. The more I study, the more love I develop for him. I can't even describe how much I love my Savior. He has truly become my best friend. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that he lives. I know that this beautiful plan our father has established for us would never be possible without the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and I am forever grateful to him. We are so blessed.
 
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!
 
Sister Hallmark



Having fun with our grillz. ;)


The most thug sisters you'll ever meet.

Yeah...it's a liiiiittle pricey on the island.


It's pretty much a rainforest outside our window.

Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment