Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Kid on the Block

 
Hello everyone...I'm in ALASKA! Holy cow time flies. It's already been a week. I love it here...it's beautiful. So green.. so many trees...giant mountains! Breathtaking! I'm still getting used to the whole light thing...it's still light as can be when I go to bed every night at 10:30 and when I wake up at 6:30. I haven't seen the moon all week! It's so bizarre. Well....a lot of stuff has been happening. Last week at transfers I was assigned to train here in Anchorage in a YSA ward! It's cool because everyone is my same age. But it's also weird...hahaha. I have TWO trainers...we're in a trio because the numbers for sisters were off. I guess I needed extra training ;) My companions are sister Hatfield and Sister Grayson. They are great.
 
So Sister Hatfield has been having some serious stomach problems so recently we decided it would be good for her to go to the mission home during the day and rest while Sister Grayson and I did our proselyting. Well...Sister Hatfield is the one who drove and sister Grayson doesn’t have her Alaska license so guess who's been driving all through anchorage?! This one week old baby! It's so much fun and it's a great way to learn the town. 99.9% of the time Sister Grayson and I are lost...but we just laugh it off. She's still fairly new herself so we're learning together. Yesterday we got stuck in a ditch...no big deal. She pushed me out while I revved and we were out of there in a dash. So glad we didn't have to call the elders...that would have been SO EMBARRASSING!
 
Well we are teaching a few people...there is a girl named Kiley who is SO accepting of the gospel it’s insane. It makes me so happy...she is on date to be baptized on the 6th of July. We are continuing to meet with her a couple times a week. We are also meeting with the sweetest girl named Allsion...we love her. We are praying hard for what direction to go in to help her progress. She has a boyfriend out on a mission right now and she's scared she's only taking discussions for him. We are trying to help her gain a testimony for herself. I really sincerely love and care about the people we teach. They are all so great and I can feel Gods love for them.
 
I love missionary work! I am such a typical other eager greenie who just wants to knock on every door and baptize every soul. I just have such a burning passion for the gospel. It's what motivates me to get out of bed every morning and do what I do. I know the Savior is preparing people all over Alaska to hear this wonderful message...we just need to search. :) The gospel is so true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God...I KNOW it. I've has so many personal revelations and insights about my own life reading that book...God will talk to you through the Book of Mormon...I can testify that.
 
 
 
Highlight of the week:
I have introduced myself at TWO separate dinner appointments as BRIANA. So embarrassing....and awkward.
 Every time I go to introduce myself now I have to keep repeating "Sister Hallmark, Sister Hallmark, Sister Hallmark" in my head. Haha!
 
 
I love you all! Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Sister Hallmark
 
 
This is called the "Rock Man"...pretty cool.

Me, my group from the MTC, President and Sister Beesley right when we got to Alaska. This is the Anchorage Temple!

                                          Just a moose on the side of the road... no big deal.

                              THIS IS AN ACTUAL REINDEER. IT HAS FURRY ANTLERS.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment