Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Because of Him!"


Elder Zwick, Sister Platero, Me, Sister Dill, Sister Grayson, President Duval (stake pres)

 Hello everyone! How was Easter? Mine was so good! I love Easter because everyone focuses on the Savior all day! We had a real treat, Elder Zwick from the Seventy came up to Fairbanks and spoke both at our Stake conference on Sunday and also at the Saturday night adult conference. If anyone remembers the story at General Conference where he mother jumped from the truck, that was him that told it!  It was really awesome because he is the head of the missionary board or something, so all he talked about was missionary work Saturday night and it really got everyone revved up! And his teeth are really really white!!! Like whoa! We got to see him a lot as missionaries and by the end he said to my companion and I "These sisters have been great all weekend" Pretty awesome :)

I didn't mention last week, but there was a lady we were working with and that we loved a lot who passed away and her funeral was this week. I was able to sing at that and it was a very moving experience. I feel so honored to have had the opportunity :)

The beelseys were up this week as well and it was just so good to have them here in Fairbanks. Anytime I get to see them, I am just overwhelmed with happiness! It's probably the closest I feel to home and comfort when I have them with me. :) I will be SO sad when they leave next transfer! I'm sure I will love the new mission president and his wife, though. :)

I am so grateful for all the love, support, and prayers from everyone. :) My testimony of the Savior is increasing day by day. It's become very personal and real. I love my Savior so much. I know he loves us...and I know he knows us. :)

Love you all! Have a greeeeeeat week!
Love, Sister Hallmark

 
For a while there was seriously a lake a the bottom of the driveway....all the snow is melting! And this, my friends, is what they call "break up season" :)

We found a little mouse outside our window...we named him Jack. He keeps us entertained. I feed him trail mix. :)


Opening my package Easter morning :)

Enjoying the sun!














No comments:

Post a Comment