Thursday, December 5, 2013

Freezebanks!



GUYS MY HAIR IS LEGITIMATELY FROZEN RIGHT NOW. THIS IS IN CAPS BECAUSE I AM SCREAMING...IT IS REALLY REALLY REALLY COLD.

Okay seriously, even though it's cold, I am absolutely head over heels in love with my new area. In love. I'm in a YSA again and I missed it! Young single adults will always have a special place in my heart. I feel like I am able relate with them because we're all kind of in the same phase of life. Man, it's good to be here. My companion is a rock star. She's been out 3 months and I feel like she's training me. She's follows the spirit incredibly and have such a huge desire to do what the Lord wants. She makes me want to be a better missionary! 



We have so many amazing potential investigators right now, we are meeting with them all this week! It's going to be an incredible week here in Fairbanks, folks. :) The work is so good! I love this church!!!!! 



Guess what else, I met the REAL SANTA IN THE REAL NORTH POLE! YES YES YES! We went and did service at the North Pole at Santa's workshop and we were literally Santa's helpers. Even if it was just a run to Wendy's...I did it for SANTA! YEAH!



The weather here is so weird. I still don't know how to handle negative temperatures. It's been averaging around -20 since I've been here and it's just...strange. My nose hairs freeze..I can't breathe too deep or I'll cough like crazy...and walking outside with damp hair is clearly only done by amateur Alaskans. I learned this morning. I also have been having some really painful itchy spots on my head and it's been driving me CRAZY....I've been asking everyone what it could be and no one knows. Well last night we asked Sister Maynes at dinner and she said I just had a dry spot on my head and it was reacting to the dry air here in Fairbanks. WHO KNEW?! She gave me some coconut oil to put on it and it's already feeling better. Man, I love the members! 



I am so blessed to be in this winter wonderland for the holiday season! I love everything about Fairbanks, especially the people. There are alot of special people here that I hopefully get to teach. :)



I love you all so much, thanks for your support and love!!! Send me letters! I love them!!!



The church is true! Love, Sister Hallmark






THE REAL SANTA!!!!


Rosy cheeks and frozen eyelashes

Oh you know, just unplugging our car...

Dry scalp solution!  

In an ice igloo!


No comments:

Post a Comment