Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Battle of the burgers


SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED THIS WEEK!

First of all....I got my transfer call. Drum roll please....(seriously do a drum roll on your desk)

The Lord has called me... TO JUNEAU!!!! I'm staying in the Southeast!!! Best part, the senior sisters aren't able to come out to Sitka for some reason this transfer so my new companion and I will be covering both areas doing Skype calls to teach lessons and Sitka and also we will be ferrying back and forth! I don't have to say goodbye yet! And Juneau is the cutest little place in the ward. I am seriously so excited. My new companion is Sister Whitby. I met her before my mission, she lives in Denton! I can't believe we're actually going to be companions. I am so excited. :) This will be an awesome transfer.

Elle had het baptism and it was incredible...she is just so happy and she glows. I was so exciting to see. Unfortunately Toby was not able to get baptized; it is postponed for a bit. He was really sad. Something came up in his interview; we're not sure what, but needs to be appealed by the first presidency. He will get baptized; it's just a matter of time.  We talked to him about it after the interview and although he is sad he said "It's just not the time right now. It will all work out, all I can do is endure to the end." Yesterday at church we talked to bishop in ward council about Toby possibly getting an unofficial calling or something to give him a responsibility in the ward. They agreed on giving him a home teaching assignment and to getting him home teachers. After church we were talking to Toby and with tears in his eyes, he said "I am really sad about not getting baptized, but I am most upset because I was just so excited to be able to home teach. I really wanted to do that." When we told him we talked to the bishop and that he could, he was SO excited. He got the biggest grin on his face and told us we made his entire day. He even gave us a huge tithing envelope to give to bishop. I can't wait for him to get baptized. He is just so prepared. I am really praying hard that everything goes well with the first presidency. He has changed so much in just the time we have been with him. He has a glow about him. He is SOOOO happy. The ward just loves him and he loves them. He stands at the door every Sunday and greets everyone. It's just incredible to watch.

Something awesome that happened this week. It's kind of lame...but it's still exciting. sister Hewitt and I having been wanting to go to this little restaurant downtown called "victorias" FOREVER, but it's always closed! We are always so bummed when it's not open. Well, the other day we drove by AND IT WAS OPEN. We screamed (we're easily excited) and pulled over for an early lunch. It was so fun to be in that cute little cafe. So I decided I want a burger but as I'm looking at the menu, I see that there's a TEXAS burger...and an ALASKAN burger. Oh no. Moment of truth. I have to choose. Sweat is dripping. Heart is pounding. Waitress approaches. Asks for my order. I respond.....

And ordered the chicken.

I ain't choosing! The chicken was good. :)

Well that wraps up this week. Pretty awesome. :) I love being a missionary it is the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I can't wait to serve the people in Juneau, I love them already! And I am so happy to not say goodbye to Sitka yet. :)

Have a great week everyone!!! 
Love, Sister Hallmark



Birthday cake numero uno


birthday cake numero dos


birthday cupcakes numero tres
 

Elle's Baptism!!!

We love Elle!!





We love little Lila!!!!


The Pharis family!!! Love them!!!

The sweetest little lady in the world, Sister Spriggs!


Milk mustaches with cute little Hedvika and Sister Fritz :)

I still cannot believe the beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment